Religion is hard work. We never rest until we find the kingdom. Religion is also the toil of mankind in his search for the kingdom. In other words, religion is simply man's search for God. This is why we have so many wars, because everyone is claiming to have the right god.
Keep in mind: no matter how committed, dedicated, loyal, faithful, zealous, active or complex our religious pursuit may be; as long as man is still searching, dissatisfied and desirous for more, he has not yet found the kingdom. He is like a fish out of water. No matter what he does, there is only one solution to his problem. This emptiness cannot be substituted with oil, gasoline, orange juice, drugs or alcohol. Religion is man's substitute for the Kingdom of God and that's why it cannot and will not satisfy him. Only the Kingdom of God can solve man's eternal problem.
Here is what Jesus says in the constitution: Matthew 5:3-6 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs are the Kingdom of Heaven. 4) Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 5) Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. 6) Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled
God's Original Plan for Man was to:
1. Establish a family of spiritual sons, not servants
2. Establish a kingdom, not a religious organization
3. Establish a Kingdom of kings, not subjects
4. Establish a commonwealth of citizens, not religous members
5. Establish a relationship with man, not a religion
6. Extend His heavenly government to earth
7. Influence earth from heaven through mankind