- God's purpose is to restore His rulership on Earth through mankind.
- Jesus came to reintroduce the Kingdom of God to us and, through His shed blood on the cross, provide the means by which we could enter into it.
- As an inheritance, the Kingdom belongs to us by legal right.
- We proclaim the message of the Kingdom of God, and that message is good news for everyone who hears it.
- Jesus never preached about being born again; He preached about the Kingdom of God.
- The good news that Jesus preached, and that we should preach, is that the Kingdom of God has come to Earth and, through Jesus, we can all become part of it.
- The degree to which we enjoy our kingdom citizenship depends upon the degree of our willingness to be bold and claim what is rightfully ours; what Jesus had restored to us through His death and resurrection.
- The good news is that in Christ we are citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven, and all the resources of that Kingdom are available to us to help us live in victory on a daily basis in the here and now.
First of all, Jesus said, "Our Father". He is not mine nor yours alone, but the Father of all who believe. Secondly, our Father is "in Heaven" He is not on Earth, but rules His Kingdom in Heaven. When we pray, we should address Him as being in Heaven rather than on Earth. Heaven, however, is not far away. It is the adjacent realm to our own. Any believer who dies is instantaneously there. That is how close the Father God is. Jesus then teaches us to respect and honor God "hallowed by your name". I explained to you earlier what the word "hallowed" means. It is under the subject "The Kingdom of God is the Only True God'.
Next comes the words "Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven". Please note: We are to pray for God's Kingdom to come (not go), as well as His will to be done. Now the phrase "on Earth" refers to both God's Kingdom and His will. Please note: the word also means "purpose". When we pray that God's will be done on Earth, we are asking Him to carry out His purpose, to fulfill His original intent. We are praying that whatever happens in Heaven will be manifested here in the Earth regions. Keep in mind, when Adam fell he created a new phenomenon in the Earth; a will other than the will of the Father. Please note: The focus of Kingdom men and women is to unite the world again under the one will of the Father.
Please note: God's original purpose was to extend His heavenly rule to Earth through human beings. His desire was that our physical earthly realm would reflect His spiritual heavenly realm. Because the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth was God's original and unchanging intent, it was also the focus of Jesus' message and ministry. The four Gospels together contain over one hundred direct references to the Kingdom. Remember, John the Baptist preached the Kingdom. Jesus preached the Kingdom; it was His only message. Peter, James, John and the other apostles preached the Kingdom. Paul preached the Kingdom. The early Church preached the Kingdom.
Now you should know that the Gospel of the Kingdom is the only true Gospel. Anything else is not the complete Gospel. Preaching about Jesus Christ is a vital and essential part of preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, because He is our way into the Kingdom. Just because we place our faith in Christ, doesn't mean that we automatically understand either what it means to be a citizen of the Kingdom or how to live like one. There are many believers who trust and love Jesus but have never been taught about the Kingdom or their true and rightful place in it.
Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, but His message had nothing to do with our going to heaven. In fact, He preached the opposite. Jesus preached that heaven was coming here on Earth; indeed, that it was already here and He was it's herald. He emphasized this even when He taught His disciples to pray: "This then, is how we should pray":
...Our Father in Heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come
Your will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive us our debtors.
And do no lead us into temptation
But deliver us from the evil one
For Yours is the Kingdom
And the power
And the glory
Word meaning: Hallowed means "holy", and holy means "pure and without an ulterior motive; separated, set apart from any and all evil".
Now after Jesus was baptized by John in the Jordan River and was "full of the Holy Spirit", the Spirit led Him into the wilderness. There He fasted for 40 days and nights and was tempted by the devil. Emerging victorious from His temptation, "Jesus returned with power" and began proclaiming the message of the Kingdom.
"Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region." (Luke 4:14)
Keep in mind, Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit without measure. Keep this in mind also as well: throughout the Gospels there is no evidence or record that while Jesus was on the Earth, the Holy Spirit was present or active anywhere else except in Him. He was the vanguard of a new order, the first of a new generation of people who would be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus came to reconnect us to the Father and His glorious Kingdom. And by the way, I'm very glad He did! Now, the connecting link is the Holy Spirit. That is why the focus of His message was: "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near." Jesus' primary purpose was not to heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out demons or even to perform other miraculous signs. Those things were only signs that the Kingdom of God had come to earth, but they were not His main focus. Jesus' ultimate assignment was to make way for the coming kingdom by introducing men to the power of the Holy Spirit.
If we would take a minute to evaluate and meditate on God's Word, wed would understand that the devil has distorted the message of truth. The Holy Spirit is the one that gives us power to overcome any obstacle. Have you noticed that many preachers and teachers preach and teach what He did and avoid the message of the kingdom? Why is that?! Because without time and building a relationship with the Lord, the devil will cause you to miss the mark, by distorting the truth. I have always said, "some God called, some God sent and some just got up and went without waiting on God's time."
1. Jesus' purpose was twofold: to proclaim the arrival of God's Kingdom and, through His blood, provide entry to the kingdom for all who come.
2. Jesus' assignment was to reintroduce the Kingdom.
3. Being born again is the way into the Kingdom; it is the necessary first step, but getting to know the God of the Kingdom involves much more.
4. The Kingdom of Heaven is a jurisdiction over which the influence of God has full authority.
5. As Christ's ambassadors, we represent the Kingdom government of God.
6. The arrival of Jesus inaugurated the period of the Kingdom of Heaven and Earth.
7. Jesus' ultimate assignment was to get the Holy Spirit back into us.
8. As citizens of the new spiritual order, we are greater than those Old Testament men and women who went before us, not because of any particular merit of our own; but because of the indwelling Spirit, which they did not know.
9. The Kingdom of Heaven is advancing forcefully, and we who are citizens of the Kingdom are part of the "advance force" that is storming the stronghold of the enemy.
10. Our Kingdom does not run and it does not retreat, our Kingdom stands firm,advances and overcomes.
11. As ambassadors of Christ, we should be concerned only about the interests of our king.
12. As long as we concentrate on our king's interests and in representing Him faithfully, He will take care of our interests.
The only responsibility we have as Christ's ambassadors is to make sure we are connected to our King in such a way that we can know and understand what He says, and then speak and act accordingly. This is where the pressure is removed. We are not responsible for establishing policy, we are only responsible for carrying out the policies of the king. It is not our job to decide what we believe and think. Our job is to learn and discern what our king thinks and then to come into agreement with Him. Whenever someone tempts us or challenges us to take a position contrary to our king's will, all we have to do is fall back on what He said. Someone might ask, "What's wrong with a man and woman living together without marriage? This is a new day and age, and we need to be up with the times." In response, we can simply say, "Well the position of my government (my king) is that it is sin." There is no debate, argument, no ambiguity. We simply fall back on the Word of God and let the responsibility rest there.
Keep in mind, as long as we concentrate on our king's interests and in representing Him faithfully, He will take care of ours. This He has pledged to do in a promise that can never fail. Jesus said as much when He told His disciples:
31) Therefore do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" 32)For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33) But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own troubles.
Founder of Kingdom Citizens, an impassioned speaker and teacher. An ambassador for Christ, always expounding the Word and encouraging others to live and grow in the Word.