The Purpose of Fatherhood
- Purpose is inherent in everything that has been created.
- The difference between the physical, mental, psychological and dispositional nature of the male and female is providential, essential, valuable and necessary for the fulfillment of their particular purpose in life.
- God intended men to be fathers; therefore, He designed them to be so.
- Fathers denotes Source, Nourisher, Sustainer, Supporter, Founder and Protector. It also means Progenitor, Ancestor, Founder, Author, Teacher and Creator.
- Father is not so much a name but a title resulting from a function. God is our Father through our creation and our redemption in Jesus the Christ. God is the Source of all creation, and we are restored to Him as Father through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, the "Everlasting Father" who produced a new generation of human beings.
- Jesus, God the Son, is the essence, the very being, of the Father.
- Just as God is the Father of all living things, He made Adam to be the father of the human family.
- Men are distinguished in their role of father in the following ways: a) the male is the source of seed; b) the male is the nourisher of fruit; c) the male is the source of the female; d) the male is designed to protect his fruit; e) the male determines the type of the offspring and influences its quality; f) the male maintains his offspring; g) the male teaches his seed.